Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cupcake Therapy



The plan was laid out - take the little one to GranMaMahs for NYE and have an adult dessert - Tiramisu. I spent a nice chunk of the day gathering the ingredients to make even the ladyfingers from scratch. Then, the plan fell through. The little one stayed home and the dessert plan changed to a more brat friendly option - cupcakes. Not, I repeat, Not my thing. In fact, I find them to be a major pain in the tail. The recipe was fine, vanilla cupcakes from Billy Reece on Martha Stewarts website. I like the one bowl concept, even though it worked out to be 2 bowls for me.












But I just don't like all the fuss, the icing, the pastry bags, the overflow of cupcake batter. What a mess.

Now the little one thought the whole project was just a joy.

And I don't blame her one bit - she didnt have to clean up - all she had to do was eat em up!


So they turned out OKAY as far as I'm concerned. I much prefer a more sophisticated treat - like the Tiramisu I originally had on my mind. But who can resist putting a smile on a kids face?... and filling her mouth at the same time so I don't have to hear any whining about not going to GranMaMahs. I guess in the end, cupcake therapy worked out for both of us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment